March 31, 2020
As everything changes around us, we are working to make changes to best serve you and your needs. We had hoped to re-open A Touch of Ginger today, Tuesday, March 31st, but we have made the difficult decision to remain closed for the rest of this week. However, we will re-open next Monday, April 6th!
Temporary new hours and protocols will be implemented starting Monday, April 6th until Friday, April 24th. We will expand these hours as demand increases, so please call to schedule an appointment if you’d like to come in for an acupuncture treatment.
Monday – 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm (last appointment at 6:00 pm)
Tuesday – 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm (last appointment at 6:00 pm)
Wednesday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (last appointment at 4:00 pm)
Thursday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (last appointment at 4:00 pm)
Friday – CLOSED
Following are the new procedures that will be implemented for the safety of our patients and staff.
- Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to your appointment start.
- Upon arrival to our parking lot, please text the office that you have arrived at 630-299-3464 and wait in your vehicle for a response that invites you into the office.
- We are only allowing one patient in the office at a time.
- We are rotating treatment rooms so that each treatment room can be cleaned, disinfected and have time to “settle” after being used.
- We are seeing patients every hour, on the hour.
- Depending on bookings, we will either increase or decrease our hours of operations. We are hoping demand is high and will happily increase the hours we are available. Just let us know by calling and requesting an appointment!
Telemedicine is Available
We will continue to offer Telemedicine for our patients who are immunocompromised and/or are not ready for in-person treatments yet. We are excited to announce that we have obtained a new service that allows us to do all our Telemedicine on a HIPAA-compliant, secure video line! And, this new service makes the whole process easy and seamless. It does not require you to download an app or create any passwords. All you do is click on a link provided in your email/text appointment notification, and we’ll be connected quickly, easily and safely!
We also want to remind you of our temporary “Illness Policy” instituted at the onset of this pandemic. If you have traveled internationally or domestically, you may come to the office for treatment only AFTER 15 days have passed. Also, we are asking all patients who have a fever and/or vomiting stay home until these symptoms have been resolved for 3 days (without fever-reducing meds).
Please, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. As always, if you should experience new symptoms, please call the office to let us know.
Thank you for your love and support during this time. We are so grateful.
Ginger Michels, LAc, MSTOM, Dipl. OM, DCCM, FICEAM, and Chinese Medicine Herbalist
A Touch of Ginger